It is a well known fact that drinking a sufficient amount of water is required to keep your body functioning properly.
The human body is made up of 60% water. To maintain the health of the body, it is recommended that adult men drink approximately three liters of water a day and adult women drink 2.2 liters a day.
Most of us are familiar with carrying around a cold bottle of water or drinking a tall glass of ice water. We tend to forget about benefits of drinking hot water.
Let’s take a look at how drinking hot water can improve the aging process:
Removes Toxins From The Body
An article from MSN states that when we drink hot water, our body temperature rises and causes us to sweat. When we perspire, the toxins are eliminated through our pores.
In addition to sweating, consuming water will also cause more frequent urination. This also flushes out toxins and fat deposits from the body.
Improves Blood Circulation
The heat from the hot water expands the veins and arteries in the body. This helps the blood flow more freely and circulation is improved.
The muscles in the body relax when hot water is ingested, which also benefits blood circulation.
Burns Extra Body Fat
This article reports a study, which showed that drinking hot water helped people lose weight, without any other means of diet or exercise. It also stated that drinking hot water may boost the body’s metabolic rate.
Another point mentioned in the article, is that by slowing down and sipping a hot cup of water before eating, you actually may eat less. Your appetite is curbed and you will feel satisfied faster than if you didn’t drink the water before your meal.
Faster Cell Repair
Once free radicals and other toxins are removed from the body, your skin cells will rejuvenate faster, giving your skin a more youthful glow. The elasticity in your skin will also improve, which helps you to look younger.
Some other tips you should keep in mind are:
1. In addition to drinking hot water, you should drink plenty of cool water as well, to ensure your body stays hydrated.
2. The American Academy of Dermatology recommends to keep your skin protected from the damaging rays of the sun by using a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30. This will block 97 percent of the sun’s UVB rays.
3. Eat a well balanced diet, rich in fruits and vegetables. Avoid processed foods and limit alcohol consumption.
4. Don’t smoke cigarettes or vape.
5. Cleanse and moisturize your face every day. Remove all the makeup from your skin before going to bed. Apply a night cream on the face and eye cream around the eye. Use a lighter day cream and serum in the morning, in addition to a daytime eye cream.
6. Develop a regular routine of facial exercises. When done consistently and correctly, facial exercises will tighten and tone the skin. Your face will look younger with less wrinkles. The best part, is they are easy to do and you can do them almost anywhere, any time!
Following the above ideas will get you started on the road to younger looking skin. Each of them are easy to do, you just need to implement them into your daily life.
Incorporate hot water into your regular schedule when you can. Your body will start to reap the rewards immediately and you will soon see a difference in the appearance of your skin.
For further reading, check out: 4 Exercises You Can Do To Help Get Rid Of Necklines and Anti-Wrinkle Fruits – 4 Best Fruits To Reduce Wrinkles.